FOI request (FOI223298)
Public Space Protection Orders - FOI
Requested Thu 05 October 2017
Responded Thu 05 October 2017
We are seeking information about your authority's use of Public Space Protection Orders between October 2014 and June 2017. We are particularly interested in how they've been used against young adults (aged 18-25), so where possible breakdowns of data on sanctions by specific ages would be ideal.
1. Please give the details of all Public Space Protection Orders currently in place, or that have been in place in the time period specified. Please send the text of the Order as well as any relevant consultation documents.
2. How many Fixed Penalty Notices, prosecutions, convictions and fines have there been for not complying with the terms of these Public Space Protections Orders, including failure to hand over or cease drinking alcohol when requested? Could you break these down by the specific PSPO to which they relate?
3. How many verbal or written warnings have been issued for breach of any of the terms of a PSPO?
4. How many times has alcohol been confiscated under a PSPO?
5. Could you provide any demographic information you might have recorded about who has been given these sanctions, particularly the specific ages of each person sanctioned. Could you break this down by the specific PSPO to which they relate please?
6. Apart from the case management system used to record and monitor cases of Antisocial Behaviour, what other databases have people sanctioned for breaching PSPOs been placed on in the time period specified? E.g. safeguarding, gangs etc.
1. All the consultation documentation is located ; https://www.hastings.gov.uk/my_council/consultations/pspos/
2. In the first two weeks of the PSPO which commenced on 12/06/2017, 3 Fixed Penalty Notices (FPNs) were issued for dog not a lead, 2 FPNs for dog fouling and No prosecutions.
3. Police issued 44 verbal warnings from 12/06/17 until 30/06/2017
4. 27 items of alcohol were confiscated under the PSPO from 12/06/2017-30/06/2017
5. Age Number stopped/issued with verbal warning 18-25 1 26-30 3 31-35 8 36-40 9 41-45 6 46-50 6 51-55 8 56-60 36. FPNs issued by Hastings Borough Council officers are recorded on M3 PP database.
Freedom of Information
Got a question about freedom of information?
ContentThe content on this page is the responsibility of our Council's Information Officer.