FOI request (FOI-96261135)
Cedar Wood Cladding on Residential Properties in the Private Sector
Requested Mon 19 November 2018
Responded Thu 22 November 2018
I am submitting this email in accordance with the Freedom of Information Act. My submission relates to cedar wood cladding on residential properties in both the private sector and public sector for buildings above and below 18m. I would be grateful if would please respond to the following questions:
1. Please can you provide copies of any risk assessments that you have carried out in relation to cedar wood cladding presenting a fire risk.
2. Please can you provide copies of any investigations, analysis or testing you have instructed in relation to whether cedar wood cladding poses a fire risk. Please break this down into council owned buildings and privately owned ones.
3. Please provide details of any instructions you have issued regarding the removal of any cedar wood cladding on either council owned or privately owned buildings within your borough as a direct consequence of cladding reviews to reduce potential fire risks.
4. Please provide any minutes and relevant papers from Council meetings where cedar wood cladding has been discussed in relation to fire risks.
5. Please provide copies of any statutory guidance or statutory authority under which you have acted in relation to cedar wood cladding.
6. What evidence do you have to consider cedar wood cladding to present a fire risk?
7. Please confirm whether you have issued any enforcement or improvement notices in relation to cedar wood cladding.
Hastings Borough Council holds no information in respect of this request.
Hastings Borough Council does not own any housing stock, this was transferred in 1996 as part of a Large Scale Voluntary Transfer (LSVT) to 1066 Housing Association - now Optivo.
Freedom of Information