FOI request (FOI-90740663)
Requested Fri 05 October 2018
Responded Tue 06 November 2018
- Has the authority outsourced or proposes to outsource any of its back office functions? i.e. HR, Payroll, Finance, Legal, Customer Services if so, please list which services and to whom they are outsourced or will be outsourced.
- Has the authority outsourced or is it actively considering outsourcing services that are direct customer facing i.e. front facing services? If so what services are being considered for outsourcing and the expected timeline for this to be realised
- Further to the above does the authority have control or ownership over any other entities. If so, is the authority required to produce consolidated or Group Accounts? Please list the entities and their function. For example are there any leisure trusts or has the authority passed leisure and tourism services over to externally controlled and managed organisations.
- Has the Authority established or proposed to establish any Community Interest Companies to undertake some of its services or functions such as housing provision.
- What is the Authority's procurement policy with regard to systems and services - does the Authority utilise frameworks and procurement vehicles such as the GPS or does it follow EU procurement procedures?
- Can the authority please detail who are the providers of the following products / systems
- Payment Services
- Asset Management
- Expenses and Purchasing
- In respect of the systems listed in response to 5) above what is the cost of these systems such as Implementation (if known) Support, Licences, Updates and Training & Professional Services
- Implementation year 1 including Licenses, training and professional services, support
- Ongoing annual costs, support and recurring fees
Q1 - Hastings Borough Council has no plans to outsource any back office functions.
Q2 - Hastings Borough Council has contracts in place with external companies for waste collection and street cleansing, grounds maintenance, building control, White Rock Theatre and leisure facilities. There are no plans for further outsourcing at this time.
Q3 - The Council has 100% ownership of Hastings Housing Limited. During the 2017/18 financial year the Council established a wholly owned Housing Company limited by share - Hastings Housing Company Ltd. The company has been designed to initially acquire, develop and deliver housing for both market rent, and to provide sub market housing, with the potential to undertake development in the future. A key objective of the Housing Company is: To acquire existing or newly built property with a view to letting these to local people at market or submarket rents. The company is in its early stages having only purchased its first property in February 2018. Due to the immaterial nature of the transaction in 2017/18 Group Accounts were not required however as the company grows and acquires more property the Council will become subject to producing Group Accounts going forward.
Q4 - n/a
Q5 - Hastings Borough Council proudly invites quotes for small contracts, will go to open tender or (for generally the larger contracts) utilise recognised procurement frameworks or follow EU procurement procedures - all depending on the nature of what is being purchased.
a. Payroll Unit 4 (AGRESSO)
b. Personnel Unit4 (AGRESSO)
c. Debtors Unit4 (AGRESSO)
d. Creditors Unit4 (AGRESSO)
e. Payment Services Unit4 (AGRESSO)
f. Accounting Unit4 (AGRESSO)
g. Asset Management Not applicable
h. Expenses and Purchasing Unit4 (AGRESSO)
Q7 - Not known.
Freedom of Information