FOI request (FOI-72824697)
Housing Act 2004
Requested Fri 13 April 2018
Responded Wed 02 May 2018
I would like to make a request under the Freedom of Information Act 2000.
- Please provide me with the number of cases brought in your local authority for the following offences under the Housing Act 2004 in your local authority since April 2017.
- Failure to comply with an Improvement Notice (section 30);
- Offences in relation to licensing of Houses in Multiple Occupation (section 72);
- Offences in relation to licensing of houses under Part 3 of the Act (section 95);
- Offences of contravention of an overcrowding notice (section 139);
- Failure to comply with management regulations in respect of Houses in Multiple Occupation (section 234)
- Of those, please provide me with the number of a) notices of intent and b) final notices relating to civil penalties for the specified offences since their introduction in April 2017.
- How many final notices of civil penalties have been appealed?
- For each final notice that has been confirmed (or not appealed), please provide the date upon which the penalty was imposed, along with the offence category (e.g. Section 30) and the amount of the financial penalty imposed.
Where a civil penalty has
been imposed, please outline how much money has been
recovered by your local authority from April 2017 to
Response1a - improvement notices = 01b - HMO (S72) = 01c - Selective Licence (S95) = 131d - Overcrowding(S139) = 01e - HMO (s234) = 02a - = 62b - = 03 - N/A4 - N/A5 - 0
Freedom of Information