FOI request (FOI-70194020)
Requested Tue 13 March 2018
Responded Thu 13 September 2018
I would like to request the following information under the Freedom of Information Act about street cleaning in your local authority:
- Your local authority's budget for street cleaning each year since 2010?
- If the frequency of street cleaning has reduced since 2010 due to cuts to funding?
- How many people in your local authority deliver street cleaning services in each year since 2010?
- How many miles of road in your local authority have been cleaned on average each week in each year since 2010?
- The number of complaints that have been received by your local authority in relation to street cleaning in each year since 2010?
2009/10 - £1,573,390.00
2010/11 - £1,469,760.00
2011/12 - £1,530,270.00
2012/13 - £1,427,110.00
2013/14 - £1,357,460.00
2014/15 - £1,260,660.00
2015/16 - £1,230,800.00
2016/17 - £1,239,930.00
Q2 - No. The frequencies are determined by the level of cleanliness
Q3 - N/A - this service it outsourced.
Q4 - On average it would be about 149.9 miles each year, but this is an estimation as the cleansing specification is based on output rather than schedules.
Q5 - We are unable to be specific, complaints are dealt with as a department as a whole, they are not filtered into refuse, recycling, or streets.
Complaints received - financial year:
2009/10 Veolia - Information not held
2010/11 Veolia - Information not held
2011/12 Veolia - Information not held
2012/13 Veolia - Information not held
2013/14 Veolia and Kier - Information not held for Veolia but Kier started July 2013 -1772014/15 Kier - 2052015/16 Kier - 3382016-/7 Kier - 6502017 1st April- 23rd March 2018- Kier - 713
Freedom of Information
Got a question about freedom of information?
ContentThe content on this page is the responsibility of our Council's Information Officer.