FOI request (FOI-68022311)
Requested Wed 14 February 2018
Responded Wed 02 May 2018
Masjid Al Haq, which otherwise defines itself as "Hastings Mosque", I am I interested in the Council Decision making process that went into the mosque acquiring its current site. The former Catholic establishment acquired at "Demolition" cost, as the East Sussex Islamic Association puts it, is in Mercatoria, St Leonards.
1) I would particularly welcome sight of the minutes for All Council committees having input into the decision to permit a mosque entry into the town, would you make those available please?
2) Was a security/intelligence led assessment made in respect of what was actually being requested?
3) And if so by whom?
4) Also will you clarify Tony Fry was Chief of Borough Planning in 1986?
5) Is Tony Fry the Planning Officer who approached the original Applicants for the mosque and arranged for them to attain County Council aid and comfort?
6) Would you 'planning' please confirm the length of term Tony Fry occupied the Chief Borough Planner position and/or other Council Office(s)?
7) Which School Of Islamic Law was the mosque consecrated under?
8) Also have the Masjid Al Haq made Applications for minarets, a dome, or satellite dish installations?
Please accept my apologies for the delay in responding.
Reference to the application can be found here. http://publicaccess.hastings.gov.uk/online-applications/applicationDetails.do?activeTab=documents&keyVal=_HSTBC_DCAPR_68693 Minutes of the Development Committee meeting minutes 8th January 1986 are also attached
Q2 - Information not held, this is a question and not a request for recorded information.
Q3 - As above
Q4 - Information not held, our records only go back as far as 2004, we have checked minutes of the Development Committee however no names are recorded only job titles i.e Borough Planner.
Q5 - Information not held
Q6 - Information not held, our records only go back as far as 2004.
Q7 - If this information is not on our public website then we wouldn't hold the record. It is not relevant for the purposes of making a decision in planning law.
Q8 - Please search using the address of the site in the public access search tool on our website:
Freedom of Information