FOI request (FOI-101769804)
Taxi licence information
Requested Tue 08 January 2019
Responded Mon 21 January 2019
1) When someone applies for private hire or hackney carriage driver licence, do you ask if they have been licensed by another council?
2) If yes to question one, do you contact the other council for information and what information do you ask?
3) Do you do a yearly DVLA driving licence check for all of your licensed private hire and hackney carriage drivers, whether their licence is due for renewal or not? This is an annual inspection including mid-term licences, not a three yearly inspection or inspections on renewal.
4) If yes to question three, is the check done by the council or does a third-party do the check?
5) Do you do a mechanical testing of vehicles wishing to be licensed as private hire or hackney carriage vehicles at a council owned testing garage?
6) If yes to question five, what is DVSA (VOSA) rating of your garage?
7) If no to question five, who conducts a mechanical testing of the vehicles?
1) - Yes
2) - No
3) - No
4) - Not applicable
5) - No
6) - Not applicable
7) - MoT approved station of the applicants choice
Freedom of Information
Got a question about freedom of information?
ContentThe content on this page is the responsibility of our Council's Information Officer.