FOI request (FOI-101231656)
Domestic waste collection provision.
Requested Thu 03 January 2019
Responded Mon 21 January 2019
Please can you provide me the following information regarding your local authority's domestic waste collection provision.
1. What is the frequency of your general kerbside household waste collection i.e. weekly, fortnightly, monthly?
2a. What kerbside recycling provision does your authority provide i.e. paper/cardboard, glass, metals, etc? Please state all waste types collected.
2b. What is the frequency of collection for this provision? (if different for each waste type please state).
2c. Is the recycling provision source segregated (i.e. numerous receptacles) or a mixed collection (i.e. all placed in one receptacle)?
3. Does your authority provide a food waste kerbside collection service? If so what is the collection frequency?
4. Does your authority provide a garden waste kerbside collection service? If so what is the collection frequency?
5. Do you provide a bulky item collection service? If so is there a charge and what is the charge?
6. How many household waste recycling centres does your authority have?
Q1 - Hastings Borough Council has both weekly and fortnightly collections
Q2a - Glass, paper, cardboard, food tins, drinks cans, aerosols, foil/foil trays, plastic bottles, pots, tubs, trays, bags, cartons
Q2b - Both weekly and fortnightly depending on road
Q2c - Three types: pink sack for weekly mixed recycling, green 240 litre bin for fortnightly mixed recycling, small black box for glass
Q3 - No
Q4 - Yes, brown 240l wheeled bin collected fortnightly
Q5 - Yes £30 for every 3 items
Q6 - 5
Freedom of Information