What can't I put in my garden waste bin?
You shouldn't put any of the following items in your Garden Waste bin:
- large branches (more than 100mm/4 inches in diameter)
- kitchen waste of any sort
- shredded paper
- animal waste
- bagged material
- inorganic material eg plastics.
You can put the following items in your Garden Waste bin:
- loose grass cuttings
- wood chippings
- hedge trimmings
- small branches (less than 100mm/4inches in diameter)
- cut flowers
- plant cuttings
Remember that these should be placed loose in the bin - please don't bag anything up.
Can I put bagged garden waste into the bin?
No, all garden waste needs to be loose. All materials are shredded and bags would contaminate the compost.
- Book a bulky waste collection
- Report a missed bin collection
- Pink recycling bags for assisted collections
- Bins - deliver, exchange, remove
- Clinical Collections - collect, missed or cancel
- Bins - request assisted collection
Got a question about waste and recycling?01424 451077
CommentsThe content on this page is the responsibility of our Waste and Recycling team.