Hastings Borough Council elections vacancies May 2024
This year we have PCC and local elections scheduled for Thursday May 2 nd and the count for this will take place on Friday 3rd May and Sunday 5th May. If a UK Parliamentary General Election is also called, we will also hold a count overnight on Thursday May 2nd.
During elections and annual canvass, we rely on a pool of additional temporary staff to support the democratic process.
Applicants who apply may be added to a database to be contacted about election specific roles.
Being accepted onto our database does not guarantee that you will be offered a post.
- Election roles are paid on a Pay As You Earn (PAYE) basis, which means that tax may be deducted from earnings. If you are not a tax payer you will be responsible for claiming the tax back from HMRC
- Any work that you do may affect any state pension or benefit that you receive. You will be responsible for telling your pension or benefit provider about your earnings
- Any work that you do may affect how much tax that you are required to pay. You will be responsible for telling HMRC about your earnings
Polling station staff ensure that voters are able to cast their vote in secret, free from influence and in a calm atmosphere. If you are a good communicator, methodical and quick to learn, apply to work in one of the many polling stations across Hastings.
Count staff work in a team to sort and count all ballot papers after voting finishes. Some counts start at 10 o’clock in the evening, others during weekdays or occasionally over a weekend. If you are methodical, numerate and enjoy working as part of team, apply to work as a count assistant.
Please see the job description below and follow the link to make an application:
- Electoral registration query
- Electoral absent voting query
- Make Electoral register amendments
- Upload electoral documents
- Register to vote on Gov.uk
- Apply for a Voter Authority Certificate
Got a question about voting and elections?01424 451087
ContentThe content on this page is the responsibility of our Electoral Services team.