Hastings Borough Council annual canvass 2022
Electoral Registration Officers (EROs) are required to keep the register of eligible voters up to date. From July onwards each year, they contact every household to find out if the details on the electoral register are correct. This is called the annual canvass. The annual canvass will start from mid-August. Between October and November we are required to visit those properties who have not responded to us.
We rely on a pool of staff to conduct the door to door visits on our behalf. Canvassers will need to carry various equipment and manage their time to cover a wide area of approximately 800-1000 properties. They will also need to navigate various terrains including steps, stairs, and hills. Please see a detailed job description below and follow the link if you would like to make an application.
- Election roles are paid on a Pay As You Earn (PAYE) basis, which means that tax may be deducted from earnings. If you are not a tax payer you will be responsible for claiming the tax back from HMRC
- Any work that you do may affect any state pension or benefit that you receive. You will be responsible for telling your pension or benefit provider about your earnings
- Any work that you do may affect how much tax that you are required to pay. You will be responsible for telling HMRC about your earnings
Please see the job description below and follow the link to make an application:
- Electoral registration query
- Electoral absent voting query
- Make Electoral register amendments
- Upload electoral documents
- Register to vote on Gov.uk
- Apply for a Voter Authority Certificate
Got a question about voting and elections?01424 451087
ContentThe content on this page is the responsibility of our Electoral Services team.