Active Hastings Academy
We know that traditional employability courses don't work for everyone. With Active Hastings Academy you can learn the skills and get the qualifications you need to get a job, without having to spend hours in a classroom. You'll have fun and play sports at every session.
You don't have to be fit or sporty, or want a job in sport after the course is finished, you just have to want to move into work.
Who can take part?
- You need to be over 18 and not in work, education or training.
- You need to live in the CHART areas of Hastings?*
- You need to be eligible to work in the UK.
- Join one of our FREE sport-based employability courses running in various locations across Hastings.
- Choose from a fitness, football or dance themed course.
- Take part in a taster session, or jump straight in to our 8 week programme.
- Improve your life skills e.g. confidence, leadership and teamwork.
- Improve your work skills e.g. CV writing and interview skills.
- Improve your health, fitness, and wellbeing.
- Receive ongoing one to one support from a mentor.
- Gain nationally recognised qualifications.
- Gain up to 20 hours work experience with a local company.
- Travel expenses paid.
- Free childcare provided.
- Free sports clothes provided.
- Take part in sport or physical activity at every session with our qualified football, fitness and dance coaches.
The Active Hastings Academy is a CHART Community led local development project part funded by the European Social Fund.
*CHART areas can be found on our Chart areas webpage. Alternatively, contact us to find out if you live within the CHART area of Hastings.
Volunteering, training and jobs