Active Hastings Academy
We know that traditional employability courses don't work for everyone. With Active Hastings Academy you can learn the skills and get the qualifications you need to get a job, without having to spend hours in a classroom. You'll have fun and play sports at every session.
You don't have to be fit or sporty, or want a job in sport after the course is finished, you just have to want to move into work.
Who can take part?
- You need to be over 18 and not in work, education or training.
- You need to live in the CHART areas of Hastings?*
- You need to be eligible to work in the UK.
- Join one of our FREE sport-based employability courses running in various locations across Hastings.
- Choose from a fitness, football or dance themed course.
- Take part in a taster session, or jump straight in to our 8 week programme.
- Improve your life skills e.g. confidence, leadership and teamwork.
- Improve your work skills e.g. CV writing and interview skills.
- Improve your health, fitness, and wellbeing.
- Receive ongoing one to one support from a mentor.
- Gain nationally recognised qualifications.
- Gain up to 20 hours work experience with a local company.
- Travel expenses paid.
- Free childcare provided.
- Free sports clothes provided.
- Take part in sport or physical activity at every session with our qualified football, fitness and dance coaches.
Ready to commit? Sign up for our course now!
- 7th June to 14th July 2021
- 10am - 1pm
- Hollington Youth Centre, 1 Wishing Tree Road North, St Leonard-On-Sea, TN38 9LL
7th, 14th, 21st, 28th June and 5th & 12th July
9th, 16th, 23rd, 30th June and 7th & 14th July.
The Active Hastings Academy is a CHART Community led local development project part funded by the European Social Fund.
*CHART areas can be found on our Chart areas webpage. Alternatively, contact us to find out if you live within the CHART area of Hastings.
Volunteering, training, jobs and AH Academy