Activities for people with disabilities
Due to Coronavirus (COVID-19), following government guidance, all sessions run by Active Hastings are suspended until further notice. However, physical activity is more important than ever right now, to improve your physical health as well as helping to manage stress and anxiety and generally making you feel better. We have pulled together some ideas, guidance and things you can do to keep moving during this time of physical distancing.
Playgrounds have also now re-opened following Government guidance:
- Please minimise contact and maintain social distancing of 2 metres or 1 metre minimum
- Limit time spent on site if there are others waiting
- If the site is crowded and social distancing cannot be maintained queue outside and do not enter
- Only 1 adult to accompany a child/children on site
- Bring your own sanitising materials to clean equipment touch points
- Do not touch your face and remember to cough or sneeze into a tissue
- Do not consume food and drink within the playground area
- Dispose of all litter in the nearest available bin or take it home
- If you or any of your party are showing symptoms of Covid-19 do not enter the play area
Please note that use of this play area is at your own riskFind out more
Sessions run from January to December 2020. If you are attending a session for the first time we recommend you contact the organiser first.
- Zumba and Mindfulness
- Super 1's Cricket Club
- Bounce & Move (Trampolining & Gymnastics)
- Active Tennis
- 3Bs (Badminton, Basketball and Bowls)
- Wheelchair Dance
Zumba and Mindfulness
Organised and led by Leila Newman
5.45pm to 6.30pm
Central Hall, Bank Buildings, Station Road
My Zumba class is small, friendly, inclusive and tailored to all needs. I welcome people with disabilities, abilities, wheelchair users, experiencing mental health issues and anyone who is inactive and finds it difficult to get motivated to find a fitness class.
I believe anyone is able to move/dance and I am aiming to motivate people to get active, be involved in the community, socialise and meet people. Dancing has long and lasting health benefits. 'Nothing beats a fit body and a healthy mind'! No need to book. For more details please get in touch with me on 07507 210036 or email email@example.com.
Super 1's Cricket Club
Organised and delivered by Sussex Cricket
Days: Mondays (12 years+)
Time: 5pm to 6.30pm
Venue: Horntye Park Sports Complex, Bohemia Road
Fun sessions delivered by qualified Sussex Cricket coaches to a mixed gender, mixed age group with a range of abilities. To register, please contact Aroop Tanna on 07500 025449 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Bounce & Move (Trampolining & Gymnastics)
Organised and led by Summerfields Gymnastics Club
- Sessions: Tuesdays (16 years+) - 2.30pm to 3.30pm
- Saturdays (5 to 15 years) - 2.30pm to 3.30pm
- Venue: Summerfields Gymnastics Club, Haywood Way
- Cost: £3 per session
Develop key skills like balance and co-ordination in this fun, open play session. Please call Summerfields on 01424 444615 for more details.
*Continuing after Easter 2019*
Organised and led by Mencap Hastings & Bexhill
- Day: Tuesdays
- Time: 4.15pm to 5.45pm
- Horntye Park Sports Complex, Bohemia Road
- Cost: £3 per session
Open to anyone and all abilities to be able to play for fun or competitively. Please call 07825 214340 for more details.
Golf sessions - for more information on Golf sessions please contact details below:
Contact : Shaun Creasey PGA Advanced Golf Professional Cooden Beach Golf Club
Mobile- 07743 507988
- Day: Thursdays
- Time: 1.30pm to 2.30pm
- Venue: Alexandra Park - April to September
Summerfield's Leisure Centre - October to March
- Cost: £2 per session
An inclusive tennis session suitable for anyone and everyone. Please call Active Hastings on 01424 451051 or email on email@example.com for more details.
3Bs (Badminton, Basketball and Bowls)
- Day: Fridays
- Time: 1.30pm to 2.30pm
- Venue: Summerfields Leisure Centre, Bohemia Road
- Cost: £2 per person
A mini multi-sports session including Badminton, Basketball and Bowls. Please call Active Hastings on 01424 451051 or email on firstname.lastname@example.org for more details.
Wheelchair Dance / Inclusive Accessible Dance Classes
Organised and led by Dance Hastings
Time: 11am to 12noon and 2pm to 3pm
Venue: Robsack Centre, Bodiam Drive
Wheelchair accessible dance classes for adults with learning disabilities and their friends and families. The sessions use ideas from ceilidh and Morris dances. For more information please contact Philippa on 07790 698053 or email email@example.com
Sport and physical activity sessions