Apply to be on the Register
Under the provision of the self-build and custom housebuilding (register) regulations 2016 in order to join Part 2 of the Register you must:
- be aged 18 years or over
- be a British citizen, a national of a European Economic Area country other than the United Kingdom or a national of Switzerland
- be seeking (either alone or with others) to acquire a serviced plot of land in the Hastings Borough for your own self-build or custom housebuilding project
- pay the processing fee
To also be entered onto Part 1 of the Register, you need to:
- confirm you have a local connection
- demonstrate you have sufficient resources to purchase land for your own self-build or custom housebuild (provide financial information)
- complete the online form - you will be asked to upload your local connection and financial information when you complete the form. It would be helpful to have this information ready before you start, the links above will help you with this
Associations of individuals (groups)
If you want to register as part of a group, you must appoint a lead contact for all correspondence between the group and the council. You will need to supply a legal document signed by all members of the group to confirm your constituted association and that the lead contact can act and supply personal information on your behalf.
A PDF version of the online form for 'associations of individuals' (available shortly) has been provided for information purposes only to help with your group application. The lead contact will need to complete and submit the online form and payment on behalf of all members of the group.
What happens next?
We will contact you or the lead contact for your association (group) within 28 days of receipt of your application to let you know whether the application was been successful or not.
Please note a successful application does not guarantee that a suitable plot will be identified or become available.
Important information about the Register and it's use
The Register will not be published, however headline figures, such as the number of successful entries on the register, the number and location of serviced plots of land sought may be published.
All data will be processed in accordance with our privacy notice
This Register only relates to the Hastings Borough. If you are interested in a plot within Rother District, you should contact them directly, please see their website: www.rother.gov.uk