Legislation under the Self-build and Custom Housebuilding Regulations 2016 allow for local authorities to set criteria whereby only individuals and organisations who submit evidence of local connections are eligible for entry onto Part 1 of the Self-build and Custom Housebuilding Register.
- have lived in the Hastings Borough for 3 of the last 5 years or
- have close relatives (mother, father, sister, brother, adult children or corresponding step relations) who have lived in the Borough for the last 5 years or
- have been in permanent employment of at least 16 hours per week in the Borough or have a confirmed offer of such
- been or are currently a member of the armed services. Former armed service personnel need to have been out of the service for less than 5 years. Armed services personnel meeting this criteria automatically satisfy the local connections test.
- signed legal document confirming the lead member of the group can act on your behalf and supply your personal information to us (if applicable)
- utility or council tax bill, bank statement or tenancy agreement in the applicants name showing residency in Hastings for 3 of the last 5 years or
- name and address of family member and proof of relationship to applicant such as birth certificate, marriage certificate and any one of the following: utility or council tax bill, bank statement or tenancy agreement in the family member name showing at least 5 years living in Hastings Borough or
- contract of employment, letter from employer or confirmation of an offer of work stating place of work and hours in your or a member of your households name or
- proof of employment in the armed forces via your certificate of service, copy of military service record or discharge from service record
Our online application form allows you to upload these details at relevant points.