Supporting financial information
Legislation under the Self-build and Custom Housebuilding Regulations 2016 allow for local authorities to set criteria whereby only individuals and organisations who submit details demonstrating they have sufficient resources to purchase land for their own self-build and custom housebuilding projects are eligible for entry onto Part 1 of the Self-build and Custom Housebuilding Register.
- identify the approximate amount of land needed to accommodate their self-build including the unit type. For example 217m2/0.0535 acre, 3 bedroom detached house
- identify an approximate cost for this amount of land within the desired area of search providing confirmation of this land value. For example £xxx,xxx in xxx ward
- provide information about how the project will be funded. This should confirm details of savings equivalent or greater than the approximate land value available for the purchasing of the self-build plot and/or detail of an in-principle bank loan agreement for the purchasing of the land for your project.
- Current comparable sales figures or confirmation from a registered valuer of the land value and
- Bank of Building Society account statements or
- offers of self build mortgage from a verified lender or
- evidence and written support from a qualified financial advisor with membership of an appropriate body
- signed legal document confirming the lead member of the group can act on your behalf and supply your personal financial information to us (if applicable)
Our online application form allows you to upload these details at relevant points.