Site reference: TC2
Site name: Station Approach car park and Royal Mail Delivery Office
Focus Area/Strategic Policy: Focus Area 1: Hastings Central
Use: Commercial/employment led mixed use
Indicative capacity (net residential dwellings/floorspace): 10,000sqm
Site specific development considerations based on draft Local Plan policies:
Development on this site should:
- Help to mask the view of the rear of Cornwallis Terrace from the town square which is in front of the station
- Avoid adverse impact on the amenity of adjoining residents, particularly those in Braybrooke Road and Cornwallis Terrace
- Take account of Southern Water's underground infrastructure that crosses the site in the design of the site layout. Easements would be required, which may affect the site layout or require diversion, and these should be clear of all proposed buildings and tree planting
- Introduce policy compliant 'greening' to the site in a form appropriate to the urban setting
- Respond to the town square setting providing clear routes and secure some reconfiguration of existing station parking and pedestrian access routes to ensure a safe environment
The following image shows a map of the site boundary.
© Crown Copyright and database rights . OS . Use of this data is subject to terms and conditions. You are granted a non-exclusive, royalty free, revocable licence solely to view the Licensed Data for non-commercial purposes for the period during which Hastings Borough Council makes it available. You are not permitted to copy, sub-license, distribute, sell or otherwise make available the Licenced Data to third parties in any form. Third party rights to enforce the terms of this licence shall be reserved to OS.