SHELAA call for sites
Hastings Borough Council is embarking on work which will help us to update the Local Plan. This includes planning for new development to meet our needs and enhance our environment for the new Plan period to 2036.
An early step in this process is a 'call for sites'. This asked for information about land and sites which could potentially be developed in the future. Call for sites closed on 09 October 2019.
We requested information about sites which might be suitable for:
- housing, including specialist housing such as housing for older people
- business uses, including offices, research and development, industrial and storage
- other commercial uses including leisure and cultural uses
We collected information on land and sites:
- capable of delivering 5 or more homes
- for all other uses sites of 0.25 hectares or more
- capable for supporting 500 square metres of floorspace or above
The information submitted is now being considered as part of our Strategic Housing and Employment Land Availability Assessment (SHELAA) which forms an important part of the Local Plan evidence base.
Note: any site submitted through the 'call for sites' does not mean it will automatically be included in our update Plan for development purposes or that it will be given planning permission for development. The SHELAA once complete is a background research document.
Information collected through the 'call for sites' will be processed in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulations. Our privacy notice can be viewed on our privacy notices page. Information supplied will be used for the SHELAA and therefore cannot be treated as confidential. Personal contact details will not be published.