Requesting a search
A full search consists of two main elements.
- LLC1- An official search of the Local Land Charges Register
- CON29- A series of standard enquiries of the Local Authority agreed by the Law Society. This is split into the required questions (CON29R) and optional questions (CON29O).
Additional Enquiries may be added but these must be clear. Queries such as 'in the vicinity of' or 'likely to affect' are too vague.
Information about other roads and footpaths can be requested using BOX C on the CON29R form. This information will be provided by East Sussex County Council. Phrases such as 'all abutting' will not be accepted.
The search request must always include an up to date plan showing the area to be searched marked in red and must always include the relevant fee.
Drainage enquiries are dealt with by Southern Water.
Sending your search to us
Due to the ongoing impact of Covid-19 (Coronavirus) on our service, we are currently requesting that where possible you do not send searches by post to our offices. There is likely to be a significant delay in processing a search sent by post.
Online: Fully electronic searches can be submitted through the National Land Information Service Hub (NLIS). Hastings Borough Council is currently at Level 3 which means that we can receive and return electronic searches. Forms and payments can be made online. If you wish to use this service, you will need to make arrangements with a NLIS Licenced Channel Provider.
Email or Post: Complete either the Law Societies standard LLC1 and CON29 forms which are available from Law Stationers or our Search Request Form (see links below) and send one copy of the relevant documents along with a plan by:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Post: Local Land Charges, Muriel Matters House, Breeds Place, Hastings, TN34 3UY - Please see the above note (Covid-19)
We can accept payment in the following ways:
- by credit/debit card on the telephone
We are not able to process cheques at this time and apologise for the inconvenience.
DX: Hastings Borough Council does not use the DX service.
Search Request Forms
Local Land Charges