Bulverhythe Housing Development
NoticeIn the coming weeks, our specialist contractors will be carrying out drainage surveys and site investigation works on the site. This will involve some light plant and machinery being on site for short periods of time but the majority of the site will always be accessible.
The council is working on a proposal to build around 190 new homes off of Bexhill Road as shown below.
This will help us meet housing demand in the town and provide funds for vital local services. At least 40% of the homes will be 'Affordable Housing' which will provide local residents with the chance to purchase homes through Shared Ownership and to rent at an affordable price. There will also be homes available for general sale on the open market.
The information below about the proposed housing development at Bulverhythe was presented by the development team at the public pre-application planning forum on 13 January 2020.
- Principle of development of the site for housing
- Housing needs and mix of units
- Former use of the site as sports pitches
- Design (site layout, building typology, materials and landscaping)
- Quality of the proposed residential units
- Impacts to neighbouring residents
- Impacts to biodiversity and trees are key considerations
- Highways impacts and vehicle parking
- Location of site within Flood Risk Zone 3
- Section 106 planning obligations
- Running order: architects, landscape architects, transport engineers, flood mitigation engineers.
The current layout