Requests and responses by date
Requested Wed 05 June 2019
Responded Thu 04 July 2019
We are conducting research on the collection of Housing Tenure Data by Local Authorities.
As part of this brief research, we have submitted an FOI request, and we request kindly that you complete this survey as part of this request. Please be aware that the RLA may have other pending FOI requests currently in process with your Local Authority.
Please note that this survey closes on 10th July at 17:00. You can return to the survey before the closing date and finish later if necessary, download a copy of the completed response and a submission confirmation receipt.
To help us with this research, could you please reply using the link:
Please can you provide the following information for your Housing Tenure Data as applicable:
1. As part of the authority's Council Tax Registration process, do you collect data on property tenure?
a. Yes for all tenures
b. Yes for rental properties only
c. No (Please give reason why)
d. Please provide reasons why data is not collected
2. For rental properties, do you ask for information about the landlord?
c. Other answer
3. Which Council departments/services can access the tenure/landlord data?
c. Planning/Development Control
e. Environmental Services
f. Trading Standards
g. Licensing (Mandatory/Additional/Selective)
h. Customer Services
i. Other (Please list)
4. If you limit which departments can access this data, for what reasons do you do so?
5. Is the landlord data used when assessing the size of the PRS for any of the following duties or purposes:
a. Housing condition surveys to fulfil duties under s3 of the Housing Act 2004?
b. In developing an overall housing strategy?
c. Securing the effective implementation of HMO licensing under s55 of the Housing Act 2004?
d. In considering making an HMO licensing designation under s56 of the Housing Act 2004?
e. In considering making a selective licensing designation under s80 of the Housing Act 2004?
f. Any other purposes?
On-line survey completed 20 June 2019.
Freedom of Information