Requests and responses by date
Weed killer - Hatings Country Park
Requested Wed 01 May 2019
Responded Mon 20 May 2019
Please could you supply the following:
Precise chemical details of the weed killer recently used in the arable field M01 in the Hastings Country Park and Fairlight Place Farm Nature Reserve.
1. The quantity and concentration used.
2. The proprietary name of the weed killer.
3. Full details of the consultation with Natural England on the use of this chemical in this particular instance.
Hastings Borough Council do not have an arable field called M01 at Hastings Country Park, however, we do have a field called A01.
1. The quantity and concentration used is Glyphosate (360g/l) with a product application rate of 4l/ha.
2. The proprietary name of the weed killer is Gallup XL (17663).
3. Consultation with Natural England is not required on land which is not within the SSSI/SAC designation and is not under a HLS (Higher Level Stewardship) option at the time of application. In order to ensure full compliance with regulations, all products used on the arable fields are under advisement from a BASIS and FACTS qualified agronomist.
Freedom of Information