Requests and responses by date
Requested Thu 14 February 2019
Responded Thu 21 March 2019
I am a UK Leisure Graduate working alongside a Chartered Town Planner in the Bournemouth area and conducting some research into the standards of regulation of Caravan Sites in the UK.
In order to assist with my research and Under the Freedom of Information Act (2000) please could you send me details of the following:
Any Caravan Site within your Local Planning Authority Areas with "Deemed" Planning Permission under Section 17 of the Control of Development Act (1960) Act.
1. Any land / Property within your Local Authority Area which operated as a Caravan Site pre-1960 which was subsequently granted with a Site Licence.
2. Any Caravan Site which is operating with a Site Licence which does not have Planning Permission.
These sites would have been issued with a deemed Planning consent pursuant to S.17 of the 1960 Act I.e. along with the mandatory issuing of a Site Licence which the 1960 Act introduced.
Please include the full address of the Property, and a Plan wherever possible.
Hastings Borough Council has 5 caravan sites with the appropriate planning permission, all have been operating for many years. We have none operating without the required permission
The 5 licensed sites are;
1. Combe Haven, Harley Shute Road, St Leonards on Sea. TN38 8BZ
2. Rocklands caravan site, Rocklands Lane, Hastings, TN35 5DY
3. Shearbarn Holiday park, Barley Lane, Hastings. TN35 5DX
4. Spindlewood Holiday park, Bricklands Farm, Rock Lane, Hastings. TN35 4JN
5. Stalkhurst Caravan Park, Ivy House Lane.Hastings. TN35 4NN
Please find attached plans as requested.
Freedom of Information