Requests and responses by date
temporary accommodation and sheltered housing
Requested Tue 23 May 2017
Responded Tue 23 May 2017
Homelessness temporary accommodation placements
This section refers to housing for people declaring themselves homeless. Please note these questions refer to current placements, not expired placements - "placed" has a present tense rather than a past tense in these questions.
These questions cover temporary housing, bed and breakfast etc - whichever form of housing is used to temporarily accommodate people declaring themselves homeless where the council has a responsibility to accommodate them.
1. How many households does the council currently have placed in temporary accommodation (including council housing and non-council housing, and any location inside or outside the council area)?
2. Of the households listed in response to question 1, please state how many are being housed outside the local authority area
3. Please list all the local authority areas where the council currently has placed any of households (as referred to in response to question 1) in temporary accommodation, and how many households are currently placed in each local authority area
4. For each local authority area listed in response to question 3, please state how many households have been temporarily placed there for more than 12 months
If the council can only provide data for questions 1-4 for individuals rather than households, please do so, specifying that this is the case.
5. Of the households your council has currently temporarily housed within your local authority area (as opposed to housed in other local authority areas), what is the average monthly rent charged for a two-bedroom property?
If the council only has figures for question 5 that include placements that ended recently (eg this financial year), that will suffice.
6. What is the average monthly rent charged for a two-bedroom council house property under a normal council (or ALMO) tenancy in your local authority area?
Please note that questions 7-9 exclude refugees and NRPF cases. For questions 7-9 please provide separate figures in each case for gross expenditure, and expenditure net of housing benefit.
7. Please state the council's currently forecast (or confirmed) full-year spending on temporary accommodation (for people declaring themselves homeless) for 2016/17 (as per the most recent revenue budget outturn monitoring, or final full-year outturn). Please state whether a forecast or confirmed full-year figure has been provided.
8. Please state the initial full-year temporary accommodation budget (for people declaring themselves homeless) for 2016/17 (as set in the council's 2016/17 budget before the start of the financial year)
9. Please state the full-year temporary accommodation expenditure (for people declaring themselves homeless) for 2011/12, 2012/13, 2013/14, 2014/15 and 2015/16 respectively
These questions incorporate housing owned by the council and external placements, and warden/alarm systems, where the council funds them.
10. Please state how much funding the council is budgeted to provide in 2016/17 for sheltered housing schemes for older people (as defined by the council, but probably for ages 55+ or 65+).
11. Please state how much funding the council provided for sheltered housing schemes for older people (as defined by the council, but probably for ages 55+ or 65+) in 2009/10 (if available) and 2012/13.
12. Please state the capacity (ie residential places) of the sheltered housing schemes for older people (as defined by the council, but probably for ages 55+ or 65+) funded by the council in 2016/17.
13. Please state the capacity (ie residential places) of the sheltered housing schemes for older people (as defined by the council, but probably for ages 55+ or 65+) funded by the council in the year whose expenditure figure has been provided in response to question 13 (ie 2009/10 or 2012/13)
For questions 10 to 13, housing for "older people" does not include housing specifically for other defined groups (disabled, domestic violence victims etc) that might happen to include older people within their ranks.
If the council cannot provide responses to questions 10 and 13 within the section 12 cost limit, please exclude these questions and fulfil the remainder of the request.
I would like the information sent by email in an Excel spreadsheet (not a pdf).
Q3: Eastbourne, 11. Bexhill, 1. Seaford, 1. Gillingham, 1. Rochester, 1.
Q5: Self contained, temporary unit with two bedrooms: £60.00 + VAT per night.
Q6: Please see attached document
Q9: 2011/12 Gross:£148,904.08 Net: £62,309.20 2012/2013 Gross = £148,904.08 Net = £62,309.20 2013/2014 Gross = £240,051.79 Net = £93,125.25 2014/2015 Gross = £326,601.88 Net = £146,328.68 2015/2016 Gross = £315,343.37 Net = £110,494.27 Q10 to Q13 - Hastings Borough Council does not own any council properties or funds any.
Freedom of Information