Requests and responses by date
Requested Fri 20 January 2017
Responded Fri 20 January 2017
Under the terms of the Freedom of Information Act 2000, please provide me with full answers to each of the following questions:
1. Does your council charge to collect garden waste? If the answer is no, you may disregard the remaining questions
2. What is the charge - is it one-off or annual?
3. How much money has been received for garden waste charges in each of the past three years - 2014, 2015 and 2016?
4. How many households are currently paying for garden waste collection?
5. Do you also charge for supply of garden waste bins? If so, how much?
6. What is the total amount of money you have received for the supply of garden waste bins in each of the past three years - 2014, 2015 and 2016?
7. What is the overall annual cost to the council of garden waste collection, taking into account the income from households and the price of disposing of it and any money made from selling it ie overall £10billion surplus, 50p loss etc
This information is held
Q1 - YES Q2 - £50 per annum Q3 - 2013/2014: £211,485, 2014/2015: £220,148, 2015/ 2016: £270,544 Q4 - 6057 Q5 - NO Q6 - £0 Q7 - We do not hold information relating to disposal costs or revenue raised from selling it on as this is managed by our contractor. In 2015/16, Hastings Borough Council's garden waste scheme generated a surplus of £8000.
Freedom of Information