Requests and responses by date
Homelessness Reduction Act
Requested Thu 04 January 2018
Responded Mon 05 March 2018
I am seeking information about your council's preparation for new duties when the Homelessness Reduction Act comes into operation in April 2018.
Could you please send me the following information:
1) Details of extra funding provided to your authority by government to support new HRA duties.
- How will your council allocate that funding? For example: will the council engage new staff for extended HRA services?
- How many extra staff does your council plan to engage for these purposes in 2018?
2) What assistance will your council offer homeless households to fulfil extended duties to help secure accommodation?
3) Will the council outsource such services, or work in partnership with other partners?
4) Please send an example/template of a personalised housing plan if you have one available.
5) Will your council enhance or create deposit and rent support schemes to help people at risk of homelessness secure tenancies (NOT counting help available through DHPs).
6) Does your council plan to acquire extra housing stock/extend arrangements with existing social or private housing providers to increase the number of temporary and permanent properties available to homeless households which are owed new or extended duties?
7) How does the council plan to extend homelessness prevention advisory services to meet new and extended advisory duties in the act?
8) Protection of property
Does the council have the financial resources to protect the property of all eligible homeless households as per the act and what form would this protection take (paying for storage facilities, etc)
9) Is your homelessness service/function contracted out in full or in part to another organisation. If Yes, please give details.
10) Please send examples of staff Homelessness Reduction Act staff training documents if they are available.
1) Information not held
2) See attached (Project Plan) & following Cabinet report, publically available) http://hastings.moderngov.co.uk/mgAi.aspx?ID=9070
4) Trial document - attached
5) Yes, enhance
6) Yes, social and private sector partnerships
7) See (2) above
8) Yes. Storage
10) NPSS training - see attached
Freedom of Information