Requests and responses by category
Requested Tue 23 April 2019
Responded Tue 30 April 2019
1) Does your authority offer a large item rubbish removal service to residents and/or businesses in your area? If yes, please provide details and also answer the following questions:
If no then no further questions apply and to avoid any unnecessary time spent on dealing with this request a simple "no, we don't" reply by email will be acceptable.
2) Is the service free of charge? If chargeable please provide information on charges.
3) Please confirm the cost of removal of these three examples:
a. A mattress
b. A fridge
c. A sofa
4) Are any residents entitled to free or reduced charges?
5) Who operates the service?
6) What happens to the items? i.e. does anything get re-used or offered to any organisations.
7) If figures are kept, how many times in the past year was the service used and what revenue did this bring in?
8) If figures are kept, how much did it cost in the past year to operate this rubbish removal service?
1) Yes - to domestic properties only, not commercial.
2) No. It is currently £30 for up to three items per booking/slot. It was £21 during 2018-19 calendar year.
3) £30 for all three items as this would be one slot. Any additional items would be another £30 for up to another three items.
4) No, there is no reduced fee.
5) Kier Environmental Services Limited up to 28 June 2019, then Hastings Borough Council directly from 29 June 2019.
6) We do not hold this information. Hastings Borough Council is a collection authority, not a disposal authority. Bulky items are taken to the local transfer station where they are passed to the disposal authority.
7) During 2018-19 calendar year, there were 2,941 bookings made. A revenue of £65,616.
8) Hastings Borough Council does not 'operate' the service as this is done by Kier Environmental Services Limited. However, the cost per booking paid to Kier is £33.51 for 2018-19 calendar year.
Freedom of Information