Requests and responses by category
Exempt Accomodation Rent Information
Requested Thu 24 January 2019
Responded Thu 31 January 2019
I am seeking information relating to accommodation that has been classed as 'exempt'. I am seeking the housing benefit paid for such accommodation, broken down into housing benefit, and to include service charges as outlined below.
Exempt accommodation is defined as:
"1) "Exempt accommodation" is a term used in Housing Benefit and Universal Credit to describe supported accommodation where the rules that normally limit the amount of rent covered by a benefit award do not apply.
The usual meaning of "exempt accommodation" is where the accommodation is provided by a landlord in the social or voluntary sector and the benefit claimant is provided with care, support or supervision by the landlord or by someone acting on the landlord's behalf.
A claimant occupying exempt accommodation does not have their housing benefit restricted to local housing allowance."
Please can you disclose the following:
1. details of the lowest awarded eligible core rent;
2. details of the highest awarded eligible core rent;
3. details of the lowest awarded gross eligible rent (i.e. inclusive of the core rent and the eligible service charges);
4. details of the highest awarded gross eligible rent (i.e. inclusive of the core rent and the eligible service charges); and
5. Please confirm the names of exempt accommodation providers in your area. Please name the providers/landlords who currently hold exempt accommodation status in respect of any of their residents.
Q1 - £62.78
Q2 - £137.35
Q3 - £90.42
Q4 - £309.95
Brighton Housing Trust
Salvation Army Housing Association
Sanctuary Housing Association
Sussex Central YMCA
Freedom of Information