Requests and responses by category
PR and Media
Requested Thu 30 November 2017
Responded Thu 30 November 2017
We are conducting a short piece of research for a new public relations and marketing client that is interested in bidding for public sector contracts. I would therefore be grateful if you would provide the following information submitted as a Freedom of Information Request.
1. Does your Council currently use a private company to undertake any of the following services:
• Public Relations
• Social Media Communications
• External Stakeholder Communications
• Internal Stakeholder Communications.
2. If yes, can you please confirm:
• When the current contract was last let
• When the current contract expires
• Whether the current contract has options to extend its length
• When you expect to retender the contract.
3. If no (to question 1 above), are you considering letting such a contract in the future and if so, do you have an approximate timetable for engaging the market?
4. Have you used a private company to help you with any other marketing or public information campaigns in the past 2 years?
5. If so, could you please provide a brief overview of what those campaigns were about and approximately how long your contract with the company was for to support the campaign(s)?
Q1 - No - Hastings Borough Council do not use a private company
Q2 - n/a
Q3 - No current contract, it is specific to a funding bid, that has not yet been confirmed. If funding is agreed, it will begin on 1 April 2018
Q4 - The ROOT 1066 International Festival worked with two external companies on the marketing and PR of the festival.
Q5 - Both campaigns aimed to promote and get high impact coverage for the festival and therefore the town from local, regional and national media. The press campaign particularly targeted national arts media. The digital campaign aimed to reach new audiences through social media and other digital platforms. The contracts were for one year (November 2015-October 2016) building in intensity up to the festival itself.
Freedom of Information