Requests and responses by category
Council Tax relief
Requested Mon 06 November 2017
Responded Mon 06 November 2017
1. How does Hastings Council collect from self employed residents their figures for earnings from self employment when calculating eligibility for Council Tax relief or reduction?
2. What time period is used for the calculation, e.g. previous tax year, previous calendar year etc
2. Does Hastings Council apply a "floor" level which all self employed residents are judged to earn regardless of their actual earnings?
3. If two residents have identical circumstances in all respects which are measured including amount earned, but one is employed and one is self employed, do they qualify for the same level of relief or reduction in Council Tax?
1. By requesting accounts or by completing an income and expenditure form (where accounts not available).
2. Previous 12 months (or last accounts if not too old). We will accept less than last 12 months if customer recently self employed.
3. Not necessarily as deductions are calculated differently.
Freedom of Information