Requests and responses by category
Requested Thu 21 September 2017
Responded Thu 21 September 2017
I am writing to you under the Freedom of Information Act 2000, to request the following information from your authority.
Regarding the issue of statutory nuisance and noise abatement complaints received by your authority, could you please provide responses to the following six questions covering the two time periods stated below:
1st August 2015 - 31st July 2016
1st August 2016 - 31st July 2017
1. How many statutory nuisance complaints did the council receive?
2. How many noise abatement orders did the council issue?
3. How many noise abatement orders have been broken?
4. How many fines were given out for broken noise abatement orders?
5. What was the total value of these fines?
6. How many complaints has the council received for each of the following categories in the time periods below?
Number of complaints from 1st August 2015 - 31st July 2016
Number of complaints from 1st August 2016 - 31st July 2017
Noise (including loud music and barking dogs)
Artificial light (except street lights)
Smokes, fumes or gases
A build-up of rubbish
High hedges, trees or boundaries
Animals - e.g. smells, damage, number of animals
Condition and maintenance of domestic premises
Parking and vehicles including mobile homes, caravans and all other motorised and non-motorised vehicles
Environmental Health - please see attached document
Housing Renewal -
Q1 - 1 August 2015 - 31 July 2016 = 69 nuisance - 0 statutory nuisance enforcement cases and from 1 August 2016 - 31 July 2017 - 71 nuisance - 4 statutory nuisance enforcement cases
Q2 - Q5 - Information not held
Q6 - 1 August 2015 to 31 July 2016 = 67 and 1 August 2016 to 31 July 2017 = 65 (All other questions in Q6 are not relevant to housing renewal)
Freedom of Information