Requests and responses by category
Requested Fri 08 September 2017
Responded Fri 08 September 2017
Since 1 August 2015:
1. The number of new and renewed taxi (Hackney Carriage) licenses you have granted.
2. The number of new and renewed Private Hire Vehicle (PHV) licenses you have granted.
3. The number of taxi licenses granted to drivers with criminal convictions.
4. The number of PHV licenses granted to drivers with criminal convictions.
In the cases of those convicted:
3.i. The nature and date of conviction.
ii. Whether said drivers conviction was know at the time of the licence being approved.
iii. In each case, the current licence status of driver.
4. The criteria/policy that is applied when deciding on an application from a driver with a current/spent conviction.
This information is held
Q1 - During 2015 and 2016 we renewed 48 Hackney Licences each year (we were restricted in Hackney numbers) That restriction was lifted in late 2016 and since January this year we have issued a further 3 new licences.
Q2 - Since 2015 we have issued 198 new PHV licences and 539 renewals.
Q3 & 4 - Information not held - this information is detailed on the drivers DBS form which is destroyed after licensing.
Q3.1 - Hastings Borough Council can confirm that in 2015, 2016 and 2017, 9 people in total went to committee because of their convictions of those 8 were granted licences. The committee was given the proper information on their convictions. Information relating to their conviction history will not be released as this is exempt information under Section 40(2) of the Freedom of Information Act 'personal data' this is an absolute exemption and will not be provided.
The policy on such matters is contained in Section F of the taxi/private hire policy - please see attached.
Freedom of Information