Requests and responses by category
Councillors - Council Tax
Requested Mon 08 May 2017
Responded Mon 08 May 2017
In the 2016/17 council year
1. How many councillors were issued with reminders for missing council tax payments due in the 2016/17 council year? 2. Of those referred to in question 1, how many councillors complied with the reminders to the point where no further action was required?
3. Of those referred to in question 1, how many councillors were sent court summonses as a result of missing council tax payments due in the 2016/17 council year?
4. Of those referred to in question 3, what was their name, political party and amount owed in each case?
5. Of those referred to in question 3/4, whose cases did not proceed to court and how were those cases resolved? (i.e. a payment plan entered into, deductions from member allowances, the full amount being paid off, etc)?
6. Of those referred to in question 3/4, whose cases went ahead in court? 7. Of those referred to in question 6, what was the outcome of their case?
8. Were any councillors prohibited from voting on the council's budget at the relevant meeting (most councils hold this meeting in February or March) as a result of these matters? If so, what was their name and political party? Note: It is irrelevant whether they turned up to the meeting or not: The principle laid down by legislation is that, had they turned up, they would not be allowed to vote.
Q1 - 1 Q2 - 1 Q3 - nil Q4 - n/a Q5 - paid in full Q6 - none Q7 - n/a Q8 - no
Freedom of Information