Requests and responses by category
Requested Thu 02 March 2017
Responded Thu 02 March 2017
1. In the last three years, how much money has your council paid out in compensation following personal injury claims, and work related accident claims?
Please break down by total amount for the last three financial years (2014-15, 2015-16, 2016-17 so far).
This request relates to the year the compensation money was paid out, even if the incident occurred in a previous year.
2. Broken down for the same financial years above, please state the amount paid in legal costs relating to personal injury claims - including those where cases were unsuccessful. Please also break down these costs by legal firm. This relates to the year the money was paid to the firm, even if the incident or conclusion of the case occurred in an earlier year.
3. For each successful case (where a claimant was awarded compensation for a personal injury or accident at work), please state:
· The year the money was paid out
· The total amount of compensation money paid
· The total amount spent on legal costs relating to the case
· The type of injury, where it occurred (e.g. council building, school, etc.) and how it occurred.
· Whether the claimant was a staff member, or member of the public.
This information is held
Q1 - None Q2 - Claims are dealt with by our insurers, who instruct and pay the solicitors. So our costs are nil. Q3 - Hastings Borough Council has not paid any compensation in the last 3 financial years
Freedom of Information