Requests and responses by category
Monitoring of landslip in Ecclesbourne Glen
Requested Fri 24 February 2017
Responded Fri 24 February 2017
In the leader of the councils reply to a question at the full council meeting (attached) of 10/02/2016 it was said that:
8. The Council would consider action against the caravan site owners if further erosion damaged the slope in front of the caravans nearest the slip and if the safety of residents or their property there become threatened. This could be through the removal of this area from the licence or other means. The licence will also require a contingency plan to be drawn up if further erosion threatened the caravan sites internal sewage system. If the system was closed down this would obviously make the parts of the site served by this uninhabitable. However, this system is not currently viewed as being at risk.
SEG are unaware of any monitoring of the landslip in Ecclesbourne Glen. SEG are concerned that the landslip is not being monitored.
Our observations show that the landslip is steadily progressing uphill every winter and that the internal sewage system is under threat from the landslip.
Could you please let us have the following:
- Details of what measures are being taken to monitor the landslip
- All documents and correspondence relating to the monitoring of the landslip
- Who is monitoring the landslip
- The dates at which the landslip has been monitored since 2013.
Please take this as a formal request under EIR regulations.
Please accept my apologies for the delay in responding.
Hastings Borough Council holds no information relating to monitoring of the landslip.
The Council is not monitoring the landslips on an ongoing basis. Coffey's have visited the Glen as part of their work preparing reports for the Council, but they have not been employed to monitor the landslip as such.
Officers have visited the caravan site and the Glen but are not monitoring the landslip on an ongoing basis.
Please refer to your questions to Full Council - 15th February 2017 (copy attached for ease of reference)
Freedom of Information