Requests and responses by category
Private Rented Sector Housing
Requested Thu 01 December 2016
Responded Thu 22 December 2016
I am working on a story concerning properties within the private rented sector.
Specifically I'm looking at how local authorities are applying the Deregulation Act 2015 concerning retaliatory (revenge) evictions which came into effect October 1st 2015 (see link for government guidance on the law change):
As such can you please reply to this email with answers to the following 5 questions:
1. How many retaliatory evictions has your authority stopped since the Deregulation Act came into effect on 1st October 2015? (If you have no official statistics recorded please give your best estimate)
2. How many inspections of private rented properties has your authority carried out since October 1st 2015?
3. How many inspections at the request of tenants of private rented properties has your authority carried out since October 1st 2015?
4. How many complaints from tenants about the condition of private rented accommodation has your authority received since October 1st 2015?
5. How many Improvement Notices/Notices of Emergency Remedial Action has your authority served with regards to private rented accommodation since October 1st 2015?
ResponseQuestion 1 = 0 Question 2 = 246 Inspections Question 3 - We inspect some properties as a result of our selective license regime as well as in response to tenant complaints but we cannot separate this data to provide a figure. Total inspections carried out = 246 Question 4 = 290 complaints Question 5 = 32 Improvement Notices, 0 Emergency Action
Freedom of Information