Requests and responses by category
Public Health Funerals
Requested Fri 13 April 2018
Responded Mon 11 June 2018
1) Please tell me the average cost for a public health burial funeral in the financial years of:
2) Please tell me the average cost for a public health cremation funeral in the financial years of:
3) Please tell me how many public health funerals the council has provided in the financial years of:
4) Please tell me the total cost of public health funerals the council spent in the financial years of:
5) Please tell me how many people you have denied public health funerals and on what grounds in the financial years of:
6) For this financial year only, please outline your policy on how many family members you allow to attend.
7) Please tell me what you ask people seeking a public health funeral to do before agreeing to undertake it.
8) Please outline your position on returning ashes of the deceased to family members after a public health cremation has taken place.
9) Please detail how you make the availability of a public health funeral known to residents - is there a self-referral model or do people have to be referred to the council by a coroner?
2015/2016 - £1205
2016/2017 - £1245
2017/2018 - £1291
2015/2016 - £1369
2016/2017 - £1389
2017/2018 - £1435
2015/2016 - 17
2016/2017 - 30
2017/2018 - 30
2015/2016 - £24,491.40
2016/2017 - £40,931.08
2017/2018 - £40,105.00
Please note - these figures do not include from the estate.
Q5 - Hastings Borough Council (HBC) would not deny anyone, it is a legal function of the authority.
Q6 - HBC does not impose any restrictions. Please see link below to our website:
Q7 - Please see link below to our website:
Q8 - If there are family we normally ask the person requesting us to carry out the arrangements to write a letter requesting the remains and what they are intending to do with them. This we keep with the deceased information folder, we then release them.
The information is on our website and all the local funeral directors are aware as are the housing associations and Hospice. So we have a mixture of self-referral and referral by the coroner.
Freedom of Information