Requests and responses by category
Requested Mon 19 February 2018
Responded Mon 05 March 2018
1) How many cemeteries are operated by your council? How many burial plots does this total?
2) How many cemeteries still have spaces and how many burial plots are remaining? (Please provide the names of each cemetery and how many spaces it has in total and the number remaining)
3) What proportion of this is through existing burials and advance plot purchases?
4) How many are full/ at capacity?
5) How many burials were undertaken in the following years: 2017, 2016, 2007, 2006, 1997, 1996, 1987, 1986, 1977, 1976.
6) What was the charge/cost to people for burials in each of these years?
7) How many cremations for the same years as above?
8) What was the charge/cost to people for cremations in each of these years?
9) How many years of capacity for burial do you anticipate you have remaining?
10) How many people did not get their first choice of cemetery for burial?
11) Did the council have to refuse requests for burials? If so, how many?
12) What is the furthest distance of burial plots from any of the parish church?
13) Are you actively looking to source new burial plots? If so, what measures have been taken, at what cost and what have been the results?
14) Have you opened any new cemeteries in the last 30 years? Please provide details of names and number of plots.
15) What alternatives, if any, do you offer for the disposal of human remains? For example, woodland burials, alkaline hydrolysis (dissolving) etc
1) One cemetery, not all sections have been drawn up yet so the estimate (2012)
Cremated Remains Plot
2) Hastings cemetery as above.
3) The figures are for new plots only we do not allow graves to be purchased in advance.
4) Historically as the cemetery goes back to 1856 we do not have this information in any obtainable format
5) See attached sheet
6) See attached sheet
7) See attached sheet
8) See attached sheet
9) 30-35 years
10) N/A we do not have this issue
11) N/A we do not have this issue
12) Information not held
13) No we are not yet as there is currently sufficient space to make future provision for the next 30 years or so
15) We do have a woodland section
Freedom of Information