Requests and responses by category
Requested Thu 25 January 2018
Responded Wed 04 April 2018
Freedom of Information Request
I would like to make a request for information pertaining to your energy supply contracts under the Freedom of Information Act 2000. Please would you provide me with the following information:
- Who, in your organisation, is responsible for deciding how your energy is bought? Please provide the full name, title, email address and telephone number.
- For each of these commodities - electricity, gas and water - please can you answer the following questions:
- What is your current contract term - start date (DD/MM/YYYY) to end date (DD/MM/YYYY)?
- Do you have any options to extend? If so, what are they?
- What is your termination notice period?
- Who is your supplier?
- How many meters do you have?
- What is your annual spend?
- What is your consumption?
- Do you currently procure your energy through a framework/PBO (Public Buying Organisation)? If so, which one?
- Do you use a consultancy to facilitate your energy procurement? If so, who?
- Are you happy with your supplier?
- Are you happy with your PBO?
- Are you happy with your consultancy?
- What do you think makes a good Supplier?
- What do you think makes a good PBO?
Q1 - Ultimately, cabinet decides on how our energy is bought.
Q2 - In relation to water, we have a rolling contract with Southern Water.
a) We purchase both our electricity and gas through a local authority buying consortium called LASER. Our current contract with them started 01/10 2016 and expires 30/09/2020.
b) There are no options to extend this contract.
c) We would normally expect to give 6 months notice but we are contracted to remain until 30/09/2020.
d) Total Gas & Power for gas supply and NPower for electricity.
e) We are responsible for 168 electricity meters (across the borough) and 4 gas meters (Muriel Matters House, Town Hall, Museum and Crematorium).
f) Our annual spend is approximately £306k made up of £248k for electricity and £58k for gas.
g) Information not held.
h) Yes, LASER.
i) We do not use a consultancy to facilitate our energy procurement.
l) Not applicable.
m) One that is helpful and accurate at billing.
n) One that eases the procurement process, obtains a competitive price, can provide solutions for better management of our energy portfolio and provides enthusiastic customer service.
Freedom of Information