Requests and responses by category
Requested Mon 22 January 2018
Responded Mon 05 March 2018
I'm interested in understanding how local residents are interacting with their local council, and would like to submit an FOI request for the following data in .xls format:
1) Breakdown of volumes of contact (15/16 and 16/17) for the following channels:
- Face to face
2) For 2016/17, please provide a breakdown of contact by the following type of transaction:
- Application - e.g. applying for services or career opportunities;
- Payments - e.g. paying for a range of fees, fines or taxes;
- Tracking - e.g. monitoring progress service requests and applications;
- Booking and reservations - e.g. making appointments with the council, and booking items and events;
- Renewals - e.g. renewing items like permits and licences;
- Reporting - e.g. notifying the council of problems and issues that need addressing;
- Finding information - e.g. locating and requesting information on local services and tourism.
3) For 2016/17, breakdown of telephone enquiries by your services or service areas (e.g. revenues and benefits, parking, housing, planning etc).
I understand that this type of statistic is widely captured by local authorities, but if you are not able to provide a breakdown to match the above, I'm more than happy to receive your standard breakdown of contact data.
Hastings Borough Council only hold information in respect of our Community Contact Centre who deal with face to face and telephone enquiries and also our Parking Services Team.
Community Contact Centre
Face to face:
2015/2016 - 51,745
2016/2017 - 30,123
2015/2016 - 123,868
2016/2017 - 120,487
Web - no data held
Q2 - No data held
Q1 - Information not held
Parking Services Team Off Street (car parks) only.
On Street parking enforcement transferred to East Sussex County Council on 1 April 2013.
April 2015 to March 2016 - 2378 payments for Penalty Charge Notices received. 1112 paid by web. 1025 paid by auto payment telephone line. 241 paid by either face to face in the Contact Centre/Tourist Information Centre or by cheque/post (we do not have a breakdown for this)
April 2016 to March 2017 - 2521 payments for Penalty Charge Notices received. 1304 paid by web. 999 paid by auto payment telephone line. 218 paid by either face to face in the Contact Centre/Tourist Information Centre or by cheque/post (we do not have breakdown for this)
April 2015 to March 2016 - 3003 permits/season tickets issued. Majority issued and paid face to face in the Contact Centre/Tourist Information Centre. We do not hold a breakdown, only by payment type such as credit/debit card, cheque or BACS.
April 2016 to March 2017 - 2978 permits/season tickets issued. Majority issued and paid face to face in the Contact Centre/Tourist Information Centre. We do not hold a breakdown, only by payment type such as credit/debit card, cheque or BACS.
Q3 - Please also see attached document which provides a breakdown of call per department.
Freedom of Information