Requests and responses by category
Requested Tue 09 January 2018
Responded Mon 05 March 2018
Please may I ask the following four questions under FOI legislation? I have attached a spreadsheet to help you understand what I am asking for.
- How many complaints about private landlords has your local authority received in the following financial years: 2012/13, 2013/14, 2014/15, 2015/16, 2016/17. (Please separate by financial year)
- Please categorise these complaints as per the Housing Health and Safety Rating System. (If a complaint fell into more than one category, could you please list it under the primary complaint category only).
- How many successful prosecutions of private landlords did your local authority achieve in the financial years: 2012/13, 2013/14, 2014/15, 2015/16, 2016/17. (Please separate by financial year)
4a. Please state the reason why each of the above prosecutions were initiated (for example, ignoring a particular improvement notice). (Please separate by financial year)
4b. Please state what the penalty was for each successful prosecution (for example a fine of £100). (Please separate by financial year)
1. Complaints against landlords for harassment, no tenancy agreements/ illegal eviction/Deposits/no certificates/tenancy issues general. Please also see attached document - tenant complaints regarding properties.
2012/13 - Information not held
2013/2014 - 9
2. Please see attached document - Hazards - please note the year is stated after WK in the reference number.
3/4/4a See attached document - Prosecutions
Freedom of Information