Local restriction support grantLocal restriction support grant application
Local restriction support grants are available for businesses that are required to close in England due to the restrictions that came in to place on the 5 November 2020. A full list of these businesses can be found on the Government's website.
This scheme will only cover the lockdown period which lasts until 2 December (subject to no further lockdowns).
The detailed policy for the scheme can be found here:
How can I apply?
You can apply via our online form below.
To fill out the form, you will need your:
- Business rates number
- Business bank account details
- Proof of business ID
What are the eligibility criteria?
Your business must:
- Be in the list of businesses that are required to close.
- Have been operating from the premises being claimed against on the 4 November 2020
- Not be in administration, insolvent or subject to a striking-off notice.
How much will I receive?
The amount of money received will be dependent on rateable value.
- Properties with a rateable value of £15k or under as of 5 November will receive £1,334 per four weeks;
- Properties with a rateable value of over £15k and less than £51k as of 5 November will receive £2,000 per four weeks;
- Properties with a rateable value of £51k and above as of 5 November will receive £3,000 per four weeks.
What if I don't fit these criteria but I'm still being impacted by COVID-19?
The Government have also provided some limited "one off" funding for an Additional Restrictions Grant which is now open for applications.
This is a discretionary scheme, devised and managed by the council, and will assist, for example, those businesses not eligible for the local restriction support grants e.g. those in shared accommodation with no separate rateable value.
This discretionary grant fund will be in place not just for the current lockdown but for the period until 31 March 2022.
Help and support for businesses