Local Restriction Support Grant (Open)
Business support update
We have now started to make payments for the Restart Grants.
All eligible businesses must apply for this, even if they have received payments through our previous schemes, as new information must be provided.
Our team are working hard to distribute these payments, but as there are extra checks that need to take place with this round of funding, only a limited amount of payments can be made per day.Restart grants
Please note: This scheme is now closed and this page is here for information only.
The Local Restriction Support Grant (Open) is aimed at businesses who were not legally required to close but were severely impacted by the Tier 2 and Tier 3 localised restrictions which were introduced on 2 December 2020.
Who is eligible?
This scheme is aimed at hospitality and leisure businesses. This means any of the following:
- Restaurants, cafes, bars, pubs, and takeaways.
- Live music venues
- Assembly or leisure venues such as sports clubs, gyms or spas.
- Hospitality properties such as hotels, guest houses or self-catered accommodations.
All businesses must be in a rated premise and must have been trading on the day prior to 2 December 2020, when Tier 2 or Tier 3 local restrictions were introduced.
You are eligible if you were not required to close, but your business was severely impacted by the local restrictions on socialising.
You will not be eligible if:
- You have been able to trade normally and have not been severely impacted by COVID-19.
- Your business is outside the scope of localised restrictions.
- If you have received grant payments that equal maximum levels of State Aid.
- You were in administration, insolvent, or a striking of notice was made at the date local restrictions were introduced.
Please make sure to read our full policy before applying.
How can I apply?
This scheme is now closed.
How much will I receive?
- Businesses with a rateable value of up to and including £15,000 will receive £467 per 14-day period.
- Businesses with a rateable value of over £15,000 but under £51,000 will receive £700 per 14-day period.
- Businesses with a rateable value of £51,000 or above will receive £1050 per 14-day period.
Help and support for businesses