Local restriction support grant for closed businesses (Addendum 5 January 2021)
Business support update
We have now started to make payments for the Restart Grants.
All eligible businesses must apply for this, even if they have received payments through our previous schemes, as new information must be provided.
Our team are working hard to distribute these payments, but as there are extra checks that need to take place with this round of funding, only a limited amount of payments can be made per day.Restart grantsLocal restriction support grant application
This grant is for businesses in a rated premise which were required to close as a result of national lockdown restrictions that came in to place on 5 January 2021.
Which businesses are eligible?
- Your business must have been required to close as a result of the national restrictions that came into place on 5 January 2021.
- The business must be in a rated premise
- Businesses that were trading on the 4 November prior to national restrictions being put in place.
Businesses are not eligible if:
- They can continue trade because they do not depend on providing direct in-person services and can operate their services effectively remotely.
- They have chosen to close but are not required to.
- They have already received grant payments that equal the maximum levels of state aid
- They were in administration, are insolvent or where a striking off notice has been made at the date of the local restriction.
Please make sure to read the full policy for this scheme before applying.
How can I apply?
You can apply for the second payment (to cover 44 days from 16 February to 31 March 2021) on the form below.
To fill out this form you will need:
- Your Business Rates Account Number
- Your Unique Tax Reference
- Business Bank Details
- Proof of Business ID
How often are the payments?
The first payment covers 42 days of lockdown from 5 January until 16 February. Second payment to cover 44 days from 16 February to 31 March 2021.
How much will I get?
The level of funding you will receive depends on rateable value.
What if I don't have to close but will suffer financially due to COVID restrictions, or if I don't have a rateable premise?
For businesses not occupying a premise on the ratings list (for example in a shared scheme), or those that are not required by law to close but will suffer financially due to the COVID restrictions, a separate Additional Restrictions Grant (ARG) has been set up. You can apply for this scheme until 31 April 2021. View more information on our ARG scheme.
Help and support for businesses