Q3 Council Services
On this page you can view our progress on service delivery performance.
1. The 2019/20 Corporate Plan identified 7 key programmes for the year, and a number of performance indicators. In July cabinet agreed the targets for the performance indicators, and also the format for monitoring and reporting progress against the key programmes during the year. This report contains the following appendices to update councillors on these areas:
Appendix A: Key Programmes:
2. For each of the key programmes the milestones and measures reported previously at the June Overview and Scrutiny meeting are reported, with any changes as appropriate, and an update for quarter 3. The meeting papers for June contain further details for each programme (governance etc.), but as these should not vary significantly during the year they will not be reported unless there are significant changes.
Appendix B: Performance Indicators
3. Performance indicators are used to measure some aspects of our progress throughout the year. To provide a 'quick glance' of performance across the organisation, performance for the third quarter is summarised below. Further detailed information is given in Appendix B. Including comparisons of performance over time, and more detailed notes.
Appendix C: Further Updates
4. Any other relevant updates not included in Appendices A or B is included under further updates.
5. The table below gives a summary of performance for the indicators in the Corporate Plan at the end of quarter 3. Further details, including comparisons with previous performance and more detailed notes are available in Appendix B.
Summary of performance for the indicators Name Actual Q3 2019/20 Status Q2 2019/20 Target Q3 2019/20 1. Improved street and environmental cleanliness (levels of litter, dog fouling, detritus, graffiti and flyposting) No street cleanliness surveys due this quarter 2. Percentage of household waste sent for reuse, recycling and composting 32.5% Met 30% 3. The average number of failed bin collections (per 100,000 collections) 144 Not Met 100 4. % of food establishments which are broadly compliant with food hygiene law 99% Met 92% 5. Green Flag status retained for our key parks and open spaces Retained Met Retained 6. Total attendances at Council Leisure Centres 303,610 Not Met 307,500 7. Number of visitors to the White Rock Theatre 83,070 For information only, no target set 8. Number of visitors to Hastings Museum and Art Gallery 51,675 Met 34,500 9. Net number of new homes built Not reported until year end 10. Number of affordable homes created Not reported until year end 11. Long term empty properties returned to use Not reported until year end 12. Number of neglected and derelict buildings improved Not reported until year end 13. % major planning applications determined within 13 weeks or another later date as agreed with the applicant 90.0% Met 80% 14. Non-major planning applications determined within 8 weeks or another later date as agreed with the applicant 82.9% Met 80% 15. % householder planning applications determined within 8 weeks or another later date as agreed with the applicant 87.0% Met 80.0% 16. Major planning applications determined within 13 weeks or as agreed with the applicant assessed over a 2 year rolling period e.g. 2017/18 to 2018/19 and 2018/19 to 2019/20 97.6% Met 60.0% 17. Non-major planning applications determined within 8 weeks or as agreed with the applicant over a 2 year rolling period 89.4% Met 70.0% 18. Private sector homes meeting the required standard 108 Not Met 150 19. Number of homelessness cases prevented 274 Met 225 20. Average length of stay (days) in emergency accommodation 181 New indicator, no target set 21. % of customers self-serving online (through those transactions currently available on line) 66.7% Met 65.0% 22. The proportion of working days/shifts lost due to sickness absence 6.81 Not Met 4.70 23. Average number of days to process new housing benefit claims 14 Met 15 24. Average number of days to process changes to housing benefit claims 5 Met 5 25. Average number of days to process new Council Tax Reduction claims 15 Met 15 26. Average number of days to process changes to Council Tax Reduction claims 3 Met 5 27. % Council Tax collected in year 86.0% Not Met 88.0% 28. % Non-domestic rates collected in year 83.6% Not Met 84.2%
15 of 21 indicators (71%) that data is available for met target for quarter 3. (7 of the indicators listed above are not due for reporting, or have no target set for Q3)
* 2. Recycling figures are available one quarter in arrears, so this figure is for April to September.
Corporate plan 2020-24