Q2 Council Services
On this page you can view our progress on service delivery performance.
1. The 2019/20 Corporate Plan identified 7 key programmes for the year, and a number of performance indicators. In July cabinet agreed the targets for the performance indicators, and also the format for monitoring and reporting progress against the key programmes during the year. This report contains the following appendices to update councillors on these areas:
Appendix A: Key programmes
2. For each of the key programmes the milestones and measures reported previously at the June Overview and Scrutiny meeting are reported, with any changes as appropriate, and an update for quarter 2. The meeting papers for June contain further details for each programme (governance etc.), but as these should not vary significantly during the year they will not be reported unless there are significant changes.
Appendix B: Performance Indicators
3. Performance indicators are used to measure some aspects of our progress throughout the year. To provide a ‘quick glance’ of performance across the organisation performance for the second quarter is summarised below. Further detailed information is given in Appendix B. Including comparisons of performance over time, and more detailed notes.
Appendix C: Further Updates
4. Any other relevant updates not included in Appendices A or B is included under further updates.
5. The table below gives a summary of performance for the indicators in the Corporate Plan at the end of quarter 2. Further details, including comparisons with previous performance and more detailed notes are available in Appendix B.
performance for the indicators in the Corporate Plan Name Actual Q2 2019/20 Status Q2 2019/20 Target Q2 2019/20 1. Improved street and environmental cleanliness (levels of litter, dog fouling, detritus, graffiti and flyposting) 5% Met 5% 2. Percentage of household waste sent for reuse, recycling and composting See note below 3. The average number of failed bin collections (per 100,000 collections) 125 Not Met 100 4. % of food establishments which are broadly compliant with food hygiene law 99% Met 92% 5. Green Flag status retained for our key parks and open spaces Retained Met Retained 6. Total attendances at Council Leisure Centres 204,557 Not Met 210,500 7. Number of visitors to the White Rock Theatre 45,993 For information only, no target set 8. Number of visitors to Hastings Museum and Art Gallery 38,231 Met 25,000 9. Net number of new homes built Not reported until yearend 10. Number of affordable homes created Not reported until yearend 11. Long term empty properties returned to use 1 Not Met 35 12. Number of neglected and derelict buildings improved 5 Not Met 25 13. % major planning applications determined within 13 weeks or another later date as agreed with the applicant 100% Met 80% 14. Non-major planning applications determined within 8 weeks or another later date as agreed with the applicant 84.4% Met 80% 15. % householder planning applications determined within 8 weeks or another later date as agreed with the applicant 87.1% Met 80% 16. Major planning applications determined within 13 weeks or as agreed with the applicant assessed over a 2 year rolling period e.g. 2017/18 to 2018/19 and 2018/19 to 2019/20 86.4% Met 60% 17. Non-major planning applications determined within 8 weeks or as agreed with the applicant over a 2 year rolling period 86.6% Met 70% 18. Private sector homes meeting the required standard 85 Not Met 100 19. Number of homelessness cases prevented 185 Met 150 20. Average length of stay (days) in emergency accommodation 232 New indicator, no target set 21. % of customers self-serving online (through those transactions currently available on line) 64.7% Met 63% 22. The proportion of working days/shifts lost due to sickness absence 4.45 Not Met 3.15 23. Average number of days to process new housing benefit claims 14.3 Met 15 24. Average number of days to process changes to housing benefit claims 4.7 Met 5 25. Average number of days to process new Council Tax Reduction claims 15.6 Not Met 15 26. Average number of days to process changes to Council Tax Reduction claims 4.7 Met 5 27. % Council Tax collected in year 59.8% Not Met 60.4% 28. % Non-domestic rates collected in year 59% Not Met 59.5%
14 of 23 indicators (61%) that data is available for met target for quarter 2. (Several of the indicators listed above are not available, not due for reporting, or have no target set for Q2)
2. No recycling figures are available yet for Q2. Recycling for Q1 was 32.9%, exceeding the 30% target.
Corporate plan 2020-24