How we will approach this work
In order to deliver what we want to achieve over the next four years for Hastings we will be working hard to make sure that taxpayer’s money stretch as far as possible.
Decision making and responsibility
- Make decisions effectively and efficiently
- Take responsibility for what we do and how well we do it by making it easy for our citizens to track our progress and performance.
- Ensure our decisions reflect best practice, are data driven, transparent and take account of equality, diversity and environmental impact
- Put the needs of our citizens at the heart of how we make decisions
Planning and prioritising
- Plan out the work we will do, who will do it and how to ensure we use the financial and human resource that we have
- Prioritise our work so that the things that we must do are done and that we invest the other resource we have on what will best deliver the best outcomes for our citizens in line with our priorities
- Plan for the future of the council so we continue to be able to deliver the best standard of service to our citizens.
Analysing and reviewing
- Use data to inform and improve how we deliver our services to citizens and how we work
- Review what we have done well and what we could have done better so that we continually learn and develop
- Make analysis a fundamental part of how we make decisions and what we do and in what order with a focus on benefits to our citizens.
Collaborative working and effective management
- Use effective programme and project management to prioritise how we use our limited staff and financial resources and to manage risks
- Ensure that what we do is inclusive and that our services are accessible to all
- Work closely with partners to deliver services as effectively and efficiently as possible, with the best possible outcomes for our citizens
Draft corporate plan 2020-24