I'm under 18 and at risk of being or already am homeless
Being homeless means having no fixed place to stay or place to feel safe and secure.
It is important to try and get as much support as you can to access services that are out there to help you.
If you're under 18 years of age and are either homeless or at risk of homelessness, you should:
- call the council on 01424 451100, phone service hours are available here.
We will need to assess your housing situation. As we work jointly with East Sussex County County, we may need to pass your contact details to them to enable them to carry out a more detailed assessment of your housing situation.
- East Sussex County Council Children's Services
Ocean House, 87-89 London Road
- Opening hours: Monday to Thursday, 8.30am to 5.00pm, Friday 8.30am to 4.30pm
- Call the Single Point of Advice (SPOA): telephone 01323 464222
- If you need to speak to anyone outside opening hours, please call the Emergency Duty Service on 01273 335905.
Children's Services work with young people and their families to help solve problems. In most cases the best option will be to support you to stay living with your family. If this is not possible and you have no where to stay or it is unsafe for you to return home, Children's Services will be able to find you temporary accommodation.
Shelter provides housing advice for young people.
I need housing help
Got a question about housing options?
ContentThe content on this page is the responsibility of our Housing team.