Switched on Hastings
Want to bring down your gas and electricity bills? Hastings Borough Council can help!
To help residents in Hastings and St Leonards get a better deal on their energy bills, we are supporting 'Switched on Hastings' as part of the Big Community Switch. The aim of the scheme is to make it easy and simple for you to consider switching. We use collective purchasing power to try and secure better deals for everyone.
We are working with energy expert iChoosr, who run many other energy switching schemes across the country. In the most recent auction, held in October 2014, over 17,000 people registered their interest.
Registration closed at midnight on 02 February 2015.
How does Switched on Hastings work?
- Anyone who pays a household energy bill can register for free for the scheme. Registration is easy but you will need a copy of a recent energy bill or annual statement to complete the process, as we will need details on how much energy you use, what tariff you are on and who you pay your bill to
- Registration closes at midnight on 02 February 2015. The council's switching partner iChoosr will gather the registration details together and invite all the energy companies to offer their best prices for energy to everyone in the scheme. This is all done by iChoosr. You don't need to do a thing.
- You will then receive an email with details on the new tariff offer secured by the scheme, from 13 February 2015. You will also see exactly how much money you could potentially save by switching if you accept the offer
- You choose to accept the offer or not. There is no obligation to accept and there are no fees or charges if you don't switch. You simply get a new offer that could potentially save you money on your energy bills. If you choose not to take up the offer, you can always register again in future schemes. You will have until 16 March 2015 to decide
How much money might I save by switching?
We can't guarantee you will save money. It will depend on your current energy use and the price you currently pay for your energy. You may already be on the best value tariff for you. Earlier in 2014 we ran a similar energy switching scheme and, on average, helped residents who registered to save £200.
Switching is available to all householders whether you own or rent or have a prepayment meter. Even people with a debt on a pre-payment meter are able to switch supplier.
Please note that one email address can register up to five households which means you are able to register on behalf of relatives or friends who do not have internet access.
If you prefer not to use the internet to register, telephone 01424 451055 – make sure you have your energy bills to hand if you would like to register in this way.
Help for businesses
Small to medium sized enterprises, businesses and community groups can benefit from free, independent, expert advice on better deals for their gas and electricity - telephone 0800 048 4826 or visit:
www.bigcommunityswitch.com and select the link 'Are you a business?'
- Report an empty home
- Report a rogue Landlord
- HMO enquiries
- Report housing disrepair
- I need landlord advice
- Report nuisance from another property
Got a question about housing and homes?01424 451100
CommentsThe content on this page is the responsibility of our Housing team.