Terms and Conditions of Seasonal Beach Huts
1. Hire starts at 2.30pm on the first Friday and finishes at 12.00pm on the last Friday.
2. Identification will be required before the key is issued.
3. Key collection and return: The key is to be collected and returned to Muriel Matters House, Breeds Place, Hastings, TN34 3UY. The opening times are: Monday - Thursday 9am - 5pm (please note the office opens at 10am every Wednesday), Friday 9am - 4.30pm.
Key collection - Between 2.30 pm and 4.30pm on the first Friday of hire.
Key return - Between 10.00 am and 12.00pm on the last Friday of hire.
4. Seasonal Beach Huts should only be used during the hours of daylight and should not be used for overnight accommodation.
5. The council will not be held responsible for any loss or damage to the hirer's property during the hire period.
6. The hirer is responsible for any loss or damage to any council property and/or equipment during the hire period.
7. All litter and personal belongings must be removed from the Seasonal Beach Huts upon departure and it must be left clean and tidy.
8. The booking is non-transferable.
9. A change of booking or cancellation with more than 30 days' notice will incur a 20% cancellation charge (£10 minimum). No refund will be made if less than 30 days' notice is given.
10. Consideration of neighbouring chalets regarding music, noise and the number of people using the Seasonal Beach Huts must be made at all times.
11. COVID-19: Should a full lockdown be re-instated or restrictions amended, your beach hut booking may be subject to change at short notice.
12. Any issues with the beach huts during the hire period have to be reported online via the Hasting Borough Council website through a My Hastings account.
GDPR and Privacy Statement
The personal information that you have provided will only be used to request to book a beach hut. We will use your information to contact you in your booking. Your personal information will only be used for this purpose. All data will be stored and processed in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and Data Protection Act 2018. To find out more about how Hastings Borough Council protects and respects your privacy, please see our privacy pages.
Beach huts and chalets