Household Support Fund
Household Support Fund update
Due to high demand for the funding, we have had to close applications for the Household Support Grant.
We had very limited amount of money provided to us for this scheme and we are contacting East Sussex County Council to try and get more funding.
We will continue to process the claims we have received, but we do not guarantee all claims will be successful.
Please keep an eye on our webpages for further updates.
The Household Support Fund is being funded by the Department for Work and Pension, and administered by Hastings Borough Council. It is aimed at households who need it the most.
There is a very limited amount of funding available for this scheme, and funding will be distributed on a first come, first served basis.
The criteria for applying for the Hastings Borough Council scheme is set out below. If you are eligible you can complete the form at the bottom of the page. Please remember to add all the required information so your application can be dealt with as quickly as possible.
- Applicants must be over the age of 18
- Resident in East Sussex (and resident in the Local Authority they are applying to)
- Receiving a means tested benefit -
- Universal Credit
- Housing Benefit
- Pension Credit
- Council Tax Reduction
- Working Tax Credit
- Child Tax Credit
- Income Support
- Income Based Job-Seeker's Allowance
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance.
1. Energy and Water costs - Support will be provided for the following
- Utility bills for gas (mains or LPG), oil, or electricity
- Water and/or sewerage bills
- Pay the value of the bill up to maximum cap of £250 for all utilities.
- Evidence required: Utility bill or evidence from key meter showing debit / arrears on the account dated within the last 30 days.
- Applicants can apply for utilities up to the cap of £250 per household until 31 March 2022.
2. Food - Support with the costs of food will be provided in vouchers which can be spent in all the main supermarkets. Vouchers will be administered via Huggg
The following weekly allowances for food vouchers will be given:
Child - £15 per week per child
Adult - £25 per week per adult
- Vouchers will be paid for a four-week period.
- Only one application per household until 31 March 2022.
- Vouchers can only be issued to a maximum of £100 so you may receive multiple vouchers totalling the amount you are entitled to.
- Please check the expiry date on the voucher you are given. If you do not use the voucher before the expiry date, you will have to re-apply for funding.
Applicants can apply for both food scheme and the utilities scheme up to the limit of each individual scheme.
- Only one application for food per household until 31 March 2022.
- Multiple applications for Utilities allowed, but a maximum award of £250 per household.
If an applicant moves to another authority area, they can claim again subject to eligibility.
Housing costs in exceptional circumstances
If you are at risk of becoming homeless in the next eight weeks, please let our Housing Options team know. You can find out more on our homeless help pages or call the Community Contact Centre on 01424 451100.
Complaints and appeals
There is no right of appeal under this scheme. All decisions are final. Any complaints should be directed to East Sussex County Council.
Other advice and support
If you are worried about keeping your home warm, you may be eligible for additional support.
If you have children at school, you may be able to apply for free school meals through East Sussex County Council.
Household Support Fund